Flatbed towing, also known as rollback towing, involves using a specialized truck to transport vehicles by loading them onto a flatbed attached to the back of the tow truck. This method of towing has several advantages over other methods of vehicle transportation. Action Towing has a fleet of flatbed trucks to help you move your vehicle to where it needs to be.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of flatbed towing for your vehicle.
Protection from Damage
- One of the main benefits of flatbed towing is that it offers superior protection for your vehicle. In traditional hook and chain towing, the tow truck lifts the vehicle by its front or rear end, which can cause damage to the vehicle’s undercarriage or suspension. This method of towing is not recommended for vehicles with four-wheel or all-wheel drive, as it can damage the transmission or drivetrain. With flatbed towing, our Action Towing operators will load your vehicle onto a flatbed and secure it place, so there’s no risk of damage during transportation.
- Flatbed towing can accommodate a wide range of vehicles. Whether you have a small car or a large SUV, a flatbed tow truck can safely transport your vehicle without causing damage.
- Flatbed towing can accommodate vehicles with low ground clearance, which can be difficult or impossible to tow using other methods.
- Flatbed towing is considered the safest method of vehicle transportation. It reduces the risk of accidents and collisions.
- With traditional hook and chain towing, the towed vehicle is only secured by the hook or chain, which can come loose during transportation and cause the vehicle to sway or even detach from the tow truck. With flatbed towing, the vehicles loaded onto a flatbed and secured in place using straps or chains, ensuring safe and secure transportation.
- Flatbed towing can save you time and hassle. Unlike traditional hook and chain towing, which can take time to set up and can cause delays if the vehicle is difficult to tow, flatbed towing is a quick and efficient method of transportation.
- If your vehicle is disabled or unable to be driven, a flatbed tow truck can pick up your vehicle from its location and transport it to where it needs to go without the need for additional towing equipment.
- Flatbed towing can prevent further damage to your vehicle. If your vehicle has been in an accident or is inoperable, traditional towing methods can cause additional damage to your vehicle during transportation. With flatbed towing, your vehicle is loaded onto a flatbed and secured in place, preventing any additional damage during transportation.
Flatbed towing offers several benefits over traditional hook and chain towing for your vehicle. It provides superior protection from damage, is versatile, safe, and convenient, and offers damage-free towing. Whether you need to transport your vehicle for long distances or short distances, flatbed towing is a reliable and efficient method of transportation that can ensure the safety of your vehicle during transportation. Consider calling Action Towing to get one of our operators to move your vehicle using this option.