Towing services have come a long way, and technology has played a vital role advancing the industry. The traditional methods of towing vehicles using a simple chain and hook system are now a thing of the past. With new technologies, towing has become more efficient, safer, and faster.
As Action Towing continues to add new tow trucks to our fleet, we are always looking for technology to help make the job safer and quicker for our customers.
This blog post will go over a few of these technological advancements.
One of the most significant technological advancements in the towing industry is the use of hydraulic systems.
- For example, with hydraulic winches, tow trucks can pull much larger vehicles with ease. These systems use pressurized fluids to generate force, making them powerful enough to lift and pull heavy loads.
- Hydraulic systems also enabled Action Towing operators to operate in tighter spaces, as they can easily maneuver around obstacles and navigate narrow streets.
- Towing companies can now track the location of their trucks in real-time, allowing them to dispatch the nearest available truck to a stranded vehicle.
- GPS tracking also helps to improve the safety of both the tow truck driver and the stranded motorist. By knowing the exact location of our tow truck, drivers can avoid unnecessary risks and take the safest route to the destination.
Companies can offer more comprehensive services to their customers
- Many tow truck companies now offer roadside assistance, which includes services such as jump-starts, tire changes, and fuel delivery. With the help of technology, towing companies can quickly dispatch a technician to provide roadside assistance, reducing wait times and helping motorists get back on the road faster.
The introduction of flatbed tow trucks
- Our Action Towing flatbed tow trucks are much safer than traditional tow trucks, as they allow the entire vehicle to be lifted off the ground and secured on the flatbed. This prevents damage to the vehicle, as they offer greater protection during transport.
Easier communication with customers
- Many towing companies now offer mobile apps that allow customers to request a tow truck, track the location of the truck, and receive real-time updates on the estimated arrival time. These apps also provide drivers with important information such as the make and model of the stranded vehicle, the location of the breakdown, and any special instructions for the tow truck driver.
Safer tow truck operators
- Many tow truck companies now use dashcams and GPS systems to monitor the behavior of their drivers. This helps to identify risky driving behavior and improve driver safety. Technology has also enabled tow truck drivers to communicate with their dispatchers and other drivers on the road, reducing the risk of accidents and improving overall safety.
Technology has played a significant role in the evolution of the towing industry. From hydraulic systems and flatbed tow trucks to GPS tracking and mobile apps, technology has made towing faster, safer, and more efficient than ever before. As the industry continues to evolve, you can expect that Action Towing can implement more advancements that will improve the towing experience for both drivers and tow truck companies alike.