Five Things to Do in Sterling, VA
Sterling is a fun and vibrant community that is home to around 32,000 residents. It is located in Loudoun County and is well-known for being one of the best places to live in northern Virginia. The city is scattered with outdoor recreational activities, beautiful scenery, modern-day conveniences, delicious eateries, plenty of retail shops, well-developed neighborhoods, and so much more. If you live in the community or visiting the area, you may be looking for something fun to do with your day. Well, we have a few ideas for you. Below, you will find a list of five different things to do while in the Sterling area. Perhaps one of these venues is the place for you to enjoy your time.
- Claude Moore Park: This 357-acre park is an amazing place to enjoy your day. You may want to begin your journey here at the Claude Moore Park Visitor Center. Inside the center, you can talk with park employees and learn about the wide array of available activities, pick up a trail map, and explore hands-on exhibits related to things you might see in the park. The park offers hiking trails, picnic pavilions, wide green meadows for running and playing, a sportsplex with baseball and softball fields, and so much more.
- Heritage Farm Museum: This museum is located in Claude Moore Park and is a wonderful, interactive place for people of all ages. The museum highlights the history of the community and the farming industry in northern Virginia. Plenty of hands-on exhibits will entertain the children, and adults will enjoy the peaceful, relaxed setting.
- Bowl America Dranesville: Bowling is an enjoyable activity that people of all ages and physical abilities can enjoy. This local bowling alley is open seven days a week. The center offers multiple bowling lanes, arcade games, party space, a concession stand, and bowling league options, too.
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway: If go-karting is your interest, then we have the place for you. Guests aged eight and up can enjoy the raceways at this indoor speedway. This venue is open seven days a week, and you can reserve your spot or just walk in and see what is available. Special events are held in the speedway routinely, and visitors can even try their hand at axe throwing, too.
- Loudoun Ice Centre: Everyone in the family can practice their skills at ice skating during public skating sessions. Team members also offer skating lessons for those in need, and ice hockey teams use the rink for practice and game times, too. Party space is available for guests who want to gather their friends and family for a fun time at the ice-skating center.
Sterling has so much to offer to residents and visitors. Whether you are interested in something active and engaging or you want to find a quiet place to sit, relax, and read a book, you will be able to locate a spot for your purpose within the city.